Alicia

Alicia
Alicia-8 yrs old-Our Rett Angel

Sunday, July 3, 2011

This Is Just The Beginning.....

I have wanted to "do" a blog for so many years now.  I am always being asked questions on how I get through each day having to care for a child with special needs.  Honestly, I don't have a concrete answer.  There are always "good" days and there are most definitely some "bad" days.  One of my main support systems is my family and friends.  Yes, I have friends out there that actually know and experience the difficulties with caring for a child with special needs, but for the most part, a lot of my friends have been truly blessed by having "normal" children and won't ever have to experience some of the hardships that I go through on a daily basis.  This blog will be an important outlet for me and a tool to educate others what it's like living "my life". 
I named this blog "A to Z With Rett Syndrome" because I thought, maybe I'll choose a different letter for each blog I do (A to Z) and it seemed fitting, considering that Alicia (who is our Rett Angel-8 years old) and my own initials are AZ.  I hope that I can better inform people about Rett Syndrome and make this also an outlet for those dealing with this frustrating disease.  I welcome any and all questions.  Just bare with me, this is my first ever blog and I'm sure it's going to take me a while to "learn the ropes" and have an eventually thriving blog :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment