Alicia

Alicia
Alicia-8 yrs old-Our Rett Angel

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Alicia's Pony Rides and Bake Sale Fundraiser

This past Saturday, October 1st we held a Pony Ride and Bake Sale Fundraiser for Alicia.  It was held at Oakendale Farm 315 Shrub Road in Bristol, CT.  My cousin Alison runs this farm.  We were so concerned that the weather was going to be rain all day (it had rained all night Friday and was raining as we were setting up Saturday morning).  However, about 15 minutes before the Fundraiser was to begin, the rain stopped, the sun came out and the rain held off for the entire length of the fundraiser!!!  For all of my family and friends who prayed A LOT during the week, THANK YOU!!!  God heard our prayers and they were answered.
We held this fundraiser because Alicia is in need of a Rifton Blue Wave Toileting System, an adaptive stroller and a communication device.  Because she is non-verbal, we need to be able to teach her to communication with her hands by using a device.  We are considering an iPad since there are many commmunication applications out there for it that would be appropriate for Alicia.
So I would like to brag on my family and friends that helped out for the fundraiser.  I have the best family and friends in the world!  So many of my friends volunteered their time to help make posters, work the bake sale, help us take care of Alicia so she could be there with us during the entire event, so many people baked goods for us, people helped set up, people helped break down and pack it in, and people were constantly asking me to put them anywhere I needed them.  I has so much help that it completely overwhelmed me.  To see just how much others care for me and my family humbles and overwhelms me at the same time.  It is nice to see that there are still people out there that do care and want to help a family in need.
We don't sugar coat what we go through on a daily basis with caring for Alicia.  We have to take it day by day and sometimes it's hour by hour.  To be brutally honest, there are days that Rett Syndrome just sucks!  But we do it because we love our children and they are perfect to us. 
To all those who always take the time to listen when I'm upset or worried, THANK YOU!!!  You all know when I just need a hug, a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen.  I love each and every one of you more than you will ever know.  Thank you again for making Saturday so special to me and my family...four days later and I still cry at night because I am still so overwhelmed of how many people love and care for us.  I love you all also!

1 comment:

  1. Am very happy today to share this amazing testimony on how Dr. Imoloa the herbal doctor was able to cure me from my Herpes Virus with his herbal medicine. I have been a herpes patient for almost 8 months now and have tried different methods of treatment to ensure that I am cured of this terrible disease, but none worked for me, so I had to leave everything to God to handle as I was a Christian who had faith that one day God would intervene in my life, yet I felt so sad and desperate as I was losing almost everything due to my illness, A few months ago while I was surfing the internet I saw different recommendation about Dr Imoloa on how he have been using his herbal Medicine to treat and cure people, these people advice we contact Dr. Imoloa for any problem that would help immediately, I contacted Dr Imoloa and I told him how I got his contact and also about my disease, after some time Dr. Imoloa told me to have faith that he would prepare for me a medication of herbal herbs, he told me I would take this medicine for two weeks and also asked my home  address so as possible for him to submit the drug for me, so my good friends after all the process and everything Dr Imoloa actually sent me the medicine, I took it as I was directed by Dr. Imoloa after two weeks passed, while on Dr.Imoloa medication I began to experience changes in my body, I had to call my doctor at the hospital for some blood test after test my hospital doctor told me that I was no longer with the herpes virus and my blood is pretty good, I can not even believe this, Friends well today i am Herpes Free and i want everyone to know that there is a cure for herpes for those who will contact Dr Imoloa after reading my testimony, you can kindly contact Dr. Imoloa Via e-mail/ (drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com)  or Whatssapp him on +2347081986098. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete